French Onion Soup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup salted butter
- 2 cups red onion sliced
- 2 cups sweet onions sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup cream of sherry
- 42 oz. beef broth (4 10.5 oz. cans)
- 1 tbsp Hank Sauce Honey Habanero
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs
- 4 fresh sage leaves chopped
- Croutons or crusty bread
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 slices fontina cheese
- Hank Rub
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Set oven to broil
- Add butter and olive oil to a large pot on medium heat.
- When heated through, add onions and garlic. Stir frequently until onions are translucent but not brown.
- Add a 1/4 cup cream of sherry and turn on high heat to burn off alcohol.
- Add beef broth, Honey Habanero, thyme, sage, and simmer for 25
- minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste
- Ladle soup into four oven safe bowls. Place croutons or bread in bowl and top each with one slice of provolone and fontina cheeses. Add a sprinkle Hank Rub on top of cheese, if you desire.
- Place crocs on a baking sheet and broil until cheese is melted and browned.