(makes about 18 rings)
• Tempura Batter (3 cups all-purpose flour, 1 tsp. Baking powder, 1/3 cup
• 12 oz. Heavy Beer (Yuengling, Guiness)
• 4 Large Spanish Onions
• 1 tbsp Hank Rub
• 2 oz. Hank’s Heat Hank Sauce
• 4 oz. Mayonnaise
• 1 tbsp Kosher salt
• 1 quart vegetable oil
• Combine 4oz. Mayonnaise, 1oz. Hank’s Heat and a sprinkle of Hank Rub
• Mix together evenly and place in refrigerator until the Onions rings are ready
• Peel and cut all 4 onions into 1⁄2 inch thick rings
• In a large mixing bowl combine Tempura batter, beer, hank rub, salt, 1oz.
Hank’s Heat and whisk together until the mixture is smooth. If it is too
thick add a little water, if its too thin add more flour.
• In an appropriate frying pot heat 1qt. oil to 350 degrees. (you will need a fry
• Add onions to batter and coat thoroughly
• Place onions in oil and fry until they float and are golden brown
• Remove onions with tongs and place on a plate with a paper towel to cool
and suck up excess oil.
• Serve with Hank’s Heat Aioli for dipping