Slow-Cooked Shredded Beef
- 2.5-3 lb beef chuck roast
- 1 medium onion, cut into half-inch rings
- 1 tablespoon Hank Rub
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1.5 tablespoon Exit 17 (or your favorite Hank Sauce!)
- 4-ounce can green chiles
- 2 chipotles, chopped
- 1 cube beef bouillon mixed with water, follow directions on jar
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 limes, juiced
- Season both sides of the roast with Hank Rub, cumin, and salt. Set aside.
- Layer sliced onion in the bottom of the slow cooker and place chuck roast on top of the onions. Sprinkle chopped garlic on top of the beef.
- In a bowl, combine Exit 17, can of green chiles, chipotles, bouillon and water, apple cider vinegar, and lime juice. Stir well and add to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- When roast is done move to a bowl and shred.
- Serve as tacos with fresh pico de gallo, Exit 17 sour cream (3:1 sour cream, Exit 17), and cotija cheese.
- Save or freeze juice for another roast.
- Make into sammies on ciabatta rolls with pepperjack or provolone cheese.
- Use leftovers to make enchiladas.